A number of developments have recently taken place or are projected to take place near your property and Eco Terra believes your property is an excellent candidate for creating mitigation credits to offset the negative impact. In return, you will be financially compensated, and water features on your land will be restored to their natural state. The restoration will not only make your property look better, but it will replace the function and value of similar natural resources impacted by infrastructure development. In addition, a conservation easement will be placed on the project area to ensure that the hydric features remain in their natural state in perpetuity, while still giving you full ownership of the land.
Compensation will vary depending on the size and scope of the project but can be significant for landowners. The compensation will be based on the number of acres of land that we ultimately need to utilize for the project and place under a conservation easement. Typically, compensation exceeds local market value on a $/acre basis and is ultimately determined by the results of our team’s assessment of your property.
When evaluating your site, we will work with you to ensure that our project does not negatively impact any of your adjacent land uses. Furthermore, we will strive to ensure that breaks and crossings are established at key locations so you maintain complete access to your land. This area would be excluded from the conservation easement area and allow for passage across the property.
Only the project area will be placed under a conservation easement. The landowner still owns the land and gets to keep many private rights and privileges that he or she was previously accustomed to with one exception. Under this agreement, the landowner voluntarily forgoes the right to develop or subdivide the conservation easement area. A third party will hold the easement and enforce this voluntary agreement through routine monitoring.
- Enjoy higher property values, a secure legacy, and improved land at no cost.
- Per-acre compensation
- Compensation is provided on a per-acre basis and surpasses market value, allowing you to make more off your land at no out-of-pocket cost to you.
- Improved farm or ranch operations
- We provide various improvements to your land; these could include cattle drinkers, new fencing, more accessible streams, and crossing capabilities, as well as decreasing animal disease and injury caused by eroded streams.
- Protect your legacy
- Not only do you improve the value of your property if you do choose to sell, but you also create your own sanctuary with exclusive rights to hunt and fish. Rest assured your legacy is protected in perpetuity.
- Improve the quality of your land and water supply. Our work allows for the quality of your water supply to improve as well as stabilize banks to address potential flooding and erosion concerns. These improvements also inhibit livestock waste and pesticides from entering the water supply.